FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- CT Cover Creations is a designing company established on July 2013 by Clarise Tan.
Who is Clarise Tan?
- Clarise Tan is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Animation. She's not only the founder and CEO of CT Cover Creations but she's also the cover artist behind it.
What kind of things do you design?
- I mostly focus on designing book covers and all the things related to it. However, I can design pretty much any product. Drop me an email and we’ll talk more about it.
How do I book with you and how does it work?
- Unlike most artists, I don’t book on a daily basis. Instead, I book by week. Why is that? The reason behind this is that I want to give you enough time to think about the work we’re doing. However, please do keep in mind that we must finish your project within the said week. Since I book on a weekly basis, I don’t want to drag any projects I have for the current week onto the following week. I also have clients for the following week and there’s a chance that they’ll suffer if another project is dragged into their scheduled week. It will have a domino effect and it’s something I really want to avoid. As soon as possible, I don’t want my clients to experience any inconveniences.
When do I need to book a slot with you? Does every project requires to book a slot with you?
- You don't really need to book a slot with me for every project. However, if it's a book cover then you definitely need a slot. If it's something as simple as a Facebook banner or a bookmark, you don't need a slot for that. However, there's a limit to this. Tell me what you need and I'll let you know whether you need a slot or not.
I want to book a slot with you but I’m not 100% sure about it due to some reasons. Are you going to accept my booking?
- I’m sorry to say but no. Before you decide to work with me, please think about it not only once, twice, or thrice. Think about it for as much as you need until you’re 200% sure about it. Why? This is for both our convenience. If you’ll be booking a slot with me, you’ll have to make a 50% down payment of your order before your slot is secured. And no, there’s no refund for this. Just imagine you paying that amount of money and it will go to waste. I don’t want you to waste your money and please be considerate towards other clients. Who knows, you can be an angel sent from heaven for them for not booking your slot and giving it to them instead. For all you know, he/she is chasing a deadline and it’s all thanks to you, he/she will make it in time.
What is the process working with you? Do you have any guidelines I can follow?
- Actually, I do! You can check the steps here.
How long does it takes for you to design something?
- It should take about 2-3 days. However, like what I said a while ago, I book on a weekly basis so rest assured, we’ll finish it within a week.
When should I expect to receive the first draft?
- Usually, you receive it on either Monday or Tuesday of that week. There are instances wherein you receive it later that week but this only occurs after a discussion between the author and the artist.
Do you work during weekends?
- No, I don’t. I also need a break like you. I want to be a girl who can enjoy her weekend like a normal girl would.
What payment do you accept?
- I only accept payment through Paypal.
Are the photos you use included on the price?
- Yes, it is. As long as it’s from the stock photo site that I use. If you want to use a photo from another site, there would be an additional charge for every photo. The price would depend on what site we’ll be purchasing it from.
How many revisions can you make?
- There’s no limit on the revisions I can make for you.
Can I get the PSD file from you?
- This is a big no.
In what format will I be receiving the files?
- They will be in JPG. There are some instances where it can be in PNG or PDF. It all depends on what you’ll be needing.
Do you offer printed products?
- Sadly, no. This is simply because I live on the other side of the world. Shipping you the products would cost you a lot and that is why all my rates are only for the design itself.
What if I don't have any idea how I want my book cover to look like? Is it still possible for you to make one for me?
- Yes, it's definitely possible. Just tell me a little about your story then I'll come up with something from there.
What if I don’t want to use a stock photo, are you going to be the one to look for a non-stock photo for me?
- Yes, I can do that for you, as long as you tell me what you want. However, I suggest for you to look for it yourself. You know your character way more than I do so if you found the perfect model for the character, you’ll have that A-HA moment and it’s something I might not get. You wouldn’t want to miss that perfect model just because I didn’t see your character in him/her. If ever you needed my help in choosing a photo, just tell me. I’ll be happy to help. I’ll even be happy to hook you up with some great photographers if you don’t know anyone.
I saw one of your works and I want something like it using these given images. Is that possible?
- Yes and no. Please keep in mind that if you’ve seen a cover that you wanted that consists of two or more images, it turned out that way because the photos worked perfectly together. Not all photos work that way. Some might and some might not. There’s no assurance that the ones you have will work perfectly.
Can you find me something like it?
- I’m sorry to say but this is a no too. Most of those photos are photos I only came across with while browsing through stock photo sites. You can say it’s all based on luck too.
Do you do logo design?
- I did say that I design pretty much everything. HOWEVER, this isn’t my forte. I’m not going to deny it. I suggest for you to find someone else to do it for you. There’s so much great artists who can give you even better designs than I do and surely, you’ll get your money’s worth too. If you want me to design one for you, it would be great if you’ll check the ones I made first. My skills in logo design is very simple. If you’re fine with that and/or if you happen to want just that then I’d be happy to design one for you!
Do you do cover reveals too?
- Yes, I do! All the book covers I designed have their own cover reveals. As long as I designed a cover for you, you can count me in for a cover reveal. Truth is, I even post about book release too! Once you work with me, you can expect me to do cover reveal and book release for your book. They will be posted on my site and all my social media accounts. It’s the least I can do to help you promote your book.
If you have any other questions, please do feel free to email me at ctcovercreations(at)gmail(dot).com
- A 50% down payment is required to secure your booking slot, which is non-refundable if you decided to cancel.
- ALL PayPal fees (5%) should be shouldered by the client.
- Please do not forget to list me (Clarise Tan) as your illustrator in Amazon once you’ve published your book.
- Once the final HD files have been emailed, charges will be applied for any further revisions.
- Once we worked on a project and you didn't continue with your order, your files will only be kept for the span of 3 months.
- You are given the freedom of using more than 1 photo. However, if you chose more than one and you didn't use all of it, I have the right to use it for other products including book covers.
- CT Cover Creations retains the right to display the cover design on her website, Facebook, and other platforms for promotional and testimonial purposes only.
- For those who want to avail the Book Cover Package, you can't buy the eBook and paperback/print separately. If you want to get the eBook ahead of time and want to avail the package, you need to pay for the whole package first before the eBook will be sent to you.
- Please give me AT LEAST ONE DAY to reply to your inquiries. Know that we have a huge time difference (GMT +8) so it could be morning in your place and it could be past midnight in mine.
- All photos used in all book covers are chosen by the clients themselves. My only role is to use my creativity in turning it into a great and professional-looking book cover that would best fit your work. I will of course provide opinion/suggestions as your cover artist when asked, but the client still has the LAST say in everything.
- No matter how the final design looks like, whether it’s to your liking or not, is not just because of me(the artist). It’s the teamwork between the author and the artist.
- PLEASE BE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT. If you have a photo, design or style that you want for your cover, make sure you’re 200% sure about it. If you have to think about it ten times, then please do so. Every design involves a lot of creativity, thinking and time so I don’t want to waste both of our time doing something that isn’t to your liking.
- Please remember this when you’re using a stock photo. Don’t ever be surprised if you see the same photo being used on another book cover or any other product. When you use a stock photo, you only buy the license to use it not the exclusive rights to it. There are so many ways to alter an image so you might see the photo you used in more than one cover. However, this isn’t the case if it’s a non-stock photo.
- My maximum working time is one (1) week. However, this largely depends on how quick clients are to reply regarding designs and edits.
- I don’t work during weekends.
- Once the final HD files have been emailed, I would greatly appreciate a feedback or a testimonial of sorts that I may share on my website.
- I have Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram accounts but if you need a fast reply, it would be best for you to email me at ctcovercreations(at)gmail(dot)com instead.