Effective starting on February 2016
An updated and more detailed version of the previous one
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is CT Cover Creations?
- CT Cover Creations is a designing company established on July 2013 by Clarise Tan.
Who is Clarise Tan?
- Clarise Tan is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Animation. She's not only the founder and CEO of CT Cover Creations but also the cover artist behind it.
What kind of things do you design?
- Designs are primarily for book covers and all the things related to it. However, I can provide design services for any product. Drop me an email and we can discuss more about the services I offer.
How do I book with you and how does it work?
- Slot booking is on a weekly basis. This is to allow us to work closely and be thorough with the project. To avoid delays that may impact commitments with other clients, projects are completed within the designated week.
Does every project require a slot?
- Slots are only required for book cover projects. Subject to schedule availability, other design services do not require prior booking. It is best to contact me to discuss your requirements.
I want to book a slot with you but I’m not 100% sure. Are you going to accept my booking?
- To ensure a smooth working relationship and prevent any inconvenience, it is encouraged to book your slot only when you are all set and decided. A 50% non-refundable downpayment is required to secure your slot.
What is the process working with you? Do you have any guidelines I can follow?
- Guidelines are provided here. Clients and those interested are encouraged to read and get an insight on what I can offer. You may always contact me for further inquiries.
How long does it takes for you to design something?
- Average leadtime for the design process is about 2-3 days. As mentioned, slots are given weekly so it is ensured that project is completed within this time.
When should I expect to receive the initial draft?
- Initial draft is provided either by Monday or Tuesday of the week booked. If there are additional discussions between the artist and the author, draft is sent on a later day of the week.
Do you work during weekends?
- As work-life balance is important to me, I refrain from working during weekends. In case of planned vacations, announcement is posted on my social media accounts ahead of time.
What is the mode of payment?
- Currently, payments are accepted only via Paypal.
Are the photos included on the price?
-Price is inclusive of the photos, as long as they are from the stock photo site that I use. Additional charges are applicable should you prefer using a photo from a different website.
How many revisions can you make?
- As my goal is to provide clients with covers that best fit their books, revisions are unlimited as long as it's the same design. Changing of the photo or the overall design isn't included.
Can I get the PSD file from you?
- To preserve the quality of the artist's work, clients are not provided with the PSD file of the project.
In what format will I be receiving the files?
- Files are generally in JPG format. Other formats such as PNG and PDF are available depending on the client's requirements.
Do you offer printed products?
- Printed copies are not available due to shipping and logistics limitations.
What if I don't have any idea how I want my book cover to look like? Is it still possible for you to make one for me?
- Yes, we can come up with a cover with a little help from the author. I could help with a couple of ideas based on the details that the author can provide.
What if I don’t want to use a stock photo, are you going to be the one to look for a non-stock photo for me?
- Yes, I could help in finding a non-stock photo for you or refer you to some great photographers that I have worked with. As authors are more familiar with the characters, I encourage clients to be more involved in finding the perfect photo that will best fit their book.
I saw one of your works and I want something like it using the provided images. Is that possible?
- Although this is possible, I'd like to stress the originality and effort that were put in every project. There are cases that combined images work perfectly well but there is also a possibility that it may not yield an appealing visual output.
Can you find me something like it?
- Due to schedule limitations, this is not possible. Also, some covers are a result of tedious browsing from various stock photo sites. This is why it is highly unlikely for two covers to be completely alike.
Do you do logo design?
- Yes this is also available although logo design is not my field of expertise. Interested clients may check my previous logo designs.
About your pre-made covers, what if I want to change something. Can I do that?
- No. All pre-made covers are ready-made covers. However, if and when possible, you want changes on the cover, additional charges will be applied.
Do you do cover reveals too?
- Yes. All covers by CT Cover Creations have their own cover reveal and book release. To help with the author's promotional campaign, covers are also posted on the website and all social media accounts.
If you have any other questions, you may send me an email at ctcovercreations(at)gmail(dot).com