Effective starting on February 2016
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is CT Cover Creations?
- CT Cover Creations is a designing company established on July 2013 by Clarise Tan.
Who is Clarise Tan?
- Clarise Tan is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Animation. She's not only the founder and CEO of CT Cover Creations but she's also the cover artist behind it.
What kind of things do you design?
- I mostly focus on designing book covers and all the things related to it. However, I can design pretty much any product. Drop me an email and we’ll talk more about it.
How do I book with you and how does it work?
- Unlike most artists, I don’t book on a daily basis. Instead, I book by week. Why is that? The reason behind this is that I want to give you enough time to think about the work we’re doing. However, please do keep in mind that we must finish your project within the said week. Since I book on a weekly basis, I don’t want to drag any projects I have for the current week onto the following week. I also have clients for the following week and there’s a chance that they’ll suffer if another project is dragged into their scheduled week. It will have a domino effect and it’s something I really want to avoid. As soon as possible, I don’t want any of my clients to experience any inconveniences.
When do I need to book a slot with you? Does every project require a slot?
- You don't need to book a slot with me for every project. However, if it's a book cover then you definitely need a slot. If it's something as simple as a Facebook banner or a bookmark, you don't need a slot for that. However, there's a limit to this. Tell me what you need and I'll let you know whether you need a slot or not.
I want to book a slot with you but I’m not 100% sure about it due to some reasons. Are you going to accept my booking?
- I’m sorry to say but no. Before you decide to work with me, please think about it not only once, twice, or thrice. Think about it for as much as you need until you’re 200% sure about it. Why? This is for both our convenience. If you’ll be booking a slot with me, you’ll have to make a 50% down payment of your order before your slot is secured. And no, there’s no refund for this. Just imagine you paying that amount of money and it will go to waste. I don’t want you to waste your money and please be considerate towards other authors too.
What is the process working with you? Do you have any guidelines I can follow?
- Actually, I do! You can check the steps here.
How long does it takes for you to design something?
- It should take about 2-3 days. However, like what I said a while ago, I book on a weekly basis so rest assured, we’ll finish it within a week.
When should I expect to receive the first draft?
- Usually, you receive it on either Monday or Tuesday of that week. There are instances wherein you'll receive it later that week but this only occurs after a discussion between the author and the artist.
Do you work during weekends?
- No, I don’t. I also need a break like you. I want to be a girl who can enjoy her weekend like a normal girl would.
What payment do you accept?
- I only accept payment through Paypal.
Are the photos you use included on the price?
- Yes, it is. As long as it’s from the stock photo site that I use. If you want to use a photo from another site, there would be an additional charge for every photo. The price would depend on what site we’ll be purchasing it from.
How many revisions can you make?
- There’s no limit on the revisions I can make for you.
Can I get the PSD file from you?
- This is a big no.
In what format will I be receiving the files?
- They will be in JPG. There are some instances where it will be in PNG or PDF. It all depends on what you’ll be needing.
Do you offer printed products?
- Sadly, no. This is simply because I live on the other side of the world. Shipping you the products would cost you a lot and that is why all my rates are only for the design itself.
What if I don't have any idea how I want my book cover to look like? Is it still possible for you to make one for me?
- Yes, it's definitely possible. Just tell me a little about your story then I'll come up with something from there.
What if I don’t want to use a stock photo, are you going to be the one to look for a non-stock photo for me?
- Yes, I can do that for you, as long as you tell me what you want. However, as soon as possible, I suggest for you to look for it yourself. You know your character way more than I do so if you found the perfect model for the character, you’ll have that A-HA moment and it’s something I might not get. You wouldn’t want to miss that perfect model just because I didn’t see your character in him/her. If ever you needed my help in choosing a photo, just tell me. I’ll be happy to help. I’ll even be happy to hook you up with some great photographers if you don’t know anyone.
I saw one of your works and I want something like it using these given images. Is that possible?
- Yes and no. Please keep in mind that if you’ve seen a cover that you wanted that consists of two or more images, it turned out that way because the photos worked perfectly together. Not all photos work that way. Some might and some might not. There’s no assurance that the ones you have will work perfectly.
Can you find me something like it?
- I’m sorry to say but this is a no too. Most of those photos are photos I only came across with while browsing through stock photo sites. You can say it’s all based on luck too.
Do you do logo design?
- I did say that I design pretty much everything. However, this isn’t my forte. I’m not going to deny it. I suggest for you to find someone else to do it for you. There’s so much great artists who can give you even better designs than I do and surely, you’ll get your money’s worth too. If you want me to design one for you, it would be great if you’ll check the ones I made first. My skills in logo making is very simple. If you’re fine with that and/or if you happen to want just that then I’d be happy to design one for you!
Do you do cover reveals too?
- Yes, I do! All the book covers I designed have their own cover reveals. As long as I designed a cover for you, you can count me in for a cover reveal. Truth is, I even post about book release too! Once you work with me, you can expect me to do cover reveal and book release for your book. They will be posted on my site and all my social media accounts. It’s the least I can do to help you promote your book.
If you have any other questions, please do feel free to email me at ctcovercreations(at)gmail(dot).com
Leave a Reply.